Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sesame Street on DVD for Kids.

I bought this for my grandson several years ago and before I knew it we were watching it several times a day and I was singing the songs in the car - by myself. While the voices can be somewhat harsh, the lessons are gentle. He loves Elmo and I do feel he has been exposed to a lot through this video. Education is not just about the three "R's". In this DVD he learned about body parts, tap dancing, counting - many things that have helped make him a well-rounded boy of five years old.

I think that we tend to forget that kids can have strong opinions, just like adults. Those opinions can change with time. Some kids will love this video, some will not. I recommend you give it a try - and if they don't like it, try it again at a later date. My grandson HATED Veggie Tales the first time he saw them, now he laughs hysterically at anything they say.

I'm also suprised about complaints on sound or video quality. Ours is fine. Thank goodness for the Sesame Street folks - they are one of the few companies I can put on and trust enough to walk out of the room when kids are watching.

Review by Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment